At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR is looking to hire a Television Production Manager, Internal Productions. This person manages the day-to-day operation of production content, logistics and financial planning of projects and/or shows in production, primarily focused within the Internal Productions team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the planning and execution of project details, from inception to delivery; work with Business Development team to ensure client expectations are understood and fulfilled
- Plan, request and allocate production facility needs for assigned projects / shows
- Serve as on-site company representative during off-site productions
- Build, manage, and actualize show budgets; work closely with Coordinating Producers to ensure adherence to budgets
- Oversee quality control on finished projects
- Organize and manage distribution of show production elements and materials
- Manage and coordinate net deliverables to 3rd party clients
- Support staff and freelance Talent, Producers, Directors, Graphics, Associate Directors, Associate Producers, and Production Assistants on the organizations processes for assigned projects / shows
- Manage logistics for assigned projects in conjunction with Operations Department
- Responsible for the handling and trafficking of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related) and maintaining accuracy and integrity of information within our internal systems (Xytech, SharePoint, Excel)
- Act as liaison between Operations, Productions and outside entities
- Participate in client meetings and manage appropriate follow-ups as needed
- Participate in the recruiting, selecting and scheduling of producer personnel for shows and projects
- Work with management team on scheduling of assigned personnel for event and show assignments, track overtime and requested time-off as necessary
- Train new hires on departmental processes and procedures
- Evaluate team member performance throughout life of project, providing objective feedback on performance to individuals as appropriate; elevate feedback, positive and negative, as necessary
- Coordinate contracts and service agreements
- Work towards the successful completion of Production & Logistic team goals and objectives
Travel: 20% including weekends
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of seven (7) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient on company provided hardware and software including Microsoft Office Suite. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Adobe editing software, camera and audio equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to excel while working in stressful and time-sensitive environments
- Ability to find solutions to last minute challenges on projects
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Flexible to shifting priorities
- Able to carry out duties with little direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to accommodate deadlines
- Knowledge of auto racing, its personalities and history
- Understanding of the entire productions process from pre-planning to post-production and archiving