Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join the Maintenance Team in the position of Supervisor, Building & Grounds based at Watkins Glen International, Watkins Glen, New York.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Supervisor, Building & Grounds is responsible for the general facility maintenance functions with particular emphasis on temporary sanitation services, facility cleanliness (including trash pick-up and removal), housekeeping services and overall building maintenance. This Candidate will also provide direct oversite for the lawn mowing and landscaping crews.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Annual Maintenance: Develop a system for maintaining and storing all miscellaneous items requested and used annually for events. Coordinate with other departments and work to ensure that all items are available and in good condition for use.
- Preventative Maintenance: Develop and implement routine facility inspection program for preventive maintenance. Anticipate and identify needs of other departments, prioritize and address workloads systematically.
- Supervise Staff: In conjunction with the Maintenance manager, determine maintenance programs that can be accomplished with in house staff. Schedule & Coordinate staff and internal resources to complete.
- Standby Services: Respond to support service needs during events. Coordinate with Stand-by personnel as needed for stock, supplies and locations of needs upon requests.
- Storage: Assist the Maintenance Manager with tracking inventory of stock (cleaning and restroom supplies) for the timely use and needs of in-house and third party contractors.
- Safety Standards: Be knowledgeable in the company’s safety standards and policies. Execute work in conformity with such standards and policies. Ensure work conducted by vendors and contractors conform to such standards and policies.
- Accounting: Assist the Maintenance Manager with the tracking of invoices and P.O. system.
- Misc.: Other duties as assigned.
Work and Physical Requirements
- Evening and weekend hours are required.
- Work performed in environments with a wide range of temperature and weather conditions.
- Work requires extended periods of standing and walking.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 40 lbs.
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, ramps).
- Repetitive bending to retrieve items at ground level.
- Handling and manipulating equipment controls.
- Maintaining balance to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching on even or uneven surfaces.
Special Position Requirements
- Ability to obtain and hold a Commercial Pesticide Applicator license.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (loaders, forklifts, telehandlers, lift/aerial devices).
- Two – four years of experience in property management, building management, or general construction.
- Excellent communication and time management skills with friendly and professional demeanor.
- Flexible and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to make quick and complex decisions under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment interacting with multiple departments.
- Ability to conceptualize and provide feedback.
- A positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.