At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Payroll Analyst based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
This position is onsite (5 days a week in office) until fully trained. Hybrid option with 3 days in office per week is available after training period.
The Senior Payroll Analyst responsible for Payroll Tax and Payroll Account Reconciliations to the General Ledger. Performs technical, complex, and specialized financial, and accounting support in Pay Services. Responds to questions and special requests from employees, other departments, third party vendors and regulatory agencies, researches differences in the General Ledger and Payroll Reports. Will also be involved in the processing of the weekly and biweekly payroll. Provides high-level customer service and problem resolution for escalated issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Process payroll for multiple companies. This may include collection of time data, performing necessary pay calculations in Excel, importing and validation of time data, batch reconciliation and other related tasks.
- Responsible for balancing payroll accounts to the general ledger monthly and correcting any reconciling items by preparing a journal entry.
Reconciles payroll general ledger bank account to Workday and maintains outstanding checks to ensure resolution prior to annual unclaimed property reporting.
- Prepares all journal entries needed to ensure GL accounts are accurate
- Unclaimed property reporting;
- Tax set ups in Workday;
- Year-end processes and reconciliations.
- Scans payroll data for multiple companies.
- Assist in the distribution of paychecks as needed.
- Processes garnishments as assigned.
- Employment verifications.
- Report preparation and monthly billings.
- Prepares ACH payments and/or calls in bank validations.
- Transmits payroll files to various carriers/vendors.
- Assists with ADP billing process and reconciliation.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing data.
- Interact with employees of multiple companies, assisting with all payroll-related questions and concerns.
- Handle clerical work for the Pay Services department, and other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Travel is not forecasted for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business
- 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPP or FPC certification is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Proficient on all company provided hardware and software. Experience with Workday, ADP, Ceridian, Kronos, E Time, or other Time Keeping Systems/HRIS preferred.
- Attention to detail, customer service, analytical, people management, communication.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and procedures including pay calculations, tax reciprocity rules and regulations, and tax geographical location taxation rules.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting. Experience with federal, state, and local payroll taxes for a single large employer or multi-employer in multiple states required.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to Non-Exempt and Exempt workers, Federal and State DOL, FLSA.
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- High degree of initiative, good judgment, and discretion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
NASCAR offers a comprehensive benefits package with a focus on fitness and wellness. In addition to medical insurance, employees enjoy an evolving wellness program that offers benefits year-round. NASCAR believes in preparing employees for retirement as well as taking time off now to celebrate and enjoy family and friends.
An overview of our benefits and wellness program can be found here.