At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR Digital Media seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Director of Social Media, based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The Senior Director of Social Media leads the business through strategic planning, coordination with industry stakeholders, and creative storytelling across the social media landscape.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop an innovative, social-first content strategy with a focus on social media platforms including Instagram, X, Meta, Snapchat & TikTok.
- Utilize the NASCAR social platforms to expand the reach of the sport through innovation, platform partnerships and analytics.
- Create and grow a content community through day-to-day fan engagement and alignment with content creators and influencers.
- Develop content campaigns that create value for teams, tracks, and sponsors.
- Work cross-functionally with groups and stakeholders across the NASCAR landscape; implement a strategy that grows engagement across all facets of the sport.
- Provide clear, creative direction to teams in the office and at events.
- Manage, coach, lead and inspire the NASCAR social team.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years’ experience in social media content that delivers measurable impact to both existing and new audiences.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience being a part of the brainstorming and editing process.
- Ability to develop creative strategies to solve business problems and find ways to make and inspire innovative mindset.
- Confirmed ability and experience collaborating with teams and delivering constructive, inspired, creative feedback.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity, and to have a positive and objective focused approach.
- Knowledge and appreciation for motorsports.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate deadlines.
- Ability to build professional relationships.
- Keen editorial judgment and awareness.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- General knowledge of camera and production equipment.
- Demonstrated creative excellence developing short-form content.
- Understanding and respect for diversity of teams, thoughts, and work.
- A risk-taker who is willing to push the boundaries.
- Self-starter with the passion, ability, and energy to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with budgets and finance.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.