At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Director, National Ticket Sales and Strategy based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
The Senior Director, National Ticket & Sales Strategy role leads the sales, strategy, and culture of the NASCAR Consumer Sales Department as well as supporting both the Group Sales and Premium Sales Departments. This role ensures that stakeholders across the team, regions, broader company, and industry are in sync with and held accountable to the successful execution of sales deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with the Managing Director to aid in the development of ticket sales strategies, customer engagement experiences and successful event executions.
- Lead Consumer sales regional leadership team as well as the consumer sales inside sales management
- Spearhead development of consumer sales strategies to be executed at all NASCAR owned and operated properties, while assisting senior sales team leadership across group and premium sales
- Manage and analyze sales production for each sales team and adjust strategies as needed
- Create, develop and foster an outbound sales culture and relationships that maximize ticket sales and revenue generated through converted outbound calls, email, & text campaigns
- Ongoing support and guidance for NASCAR Sales Academy leaders
- Provide team with opportunities and guidance to grow their skill sets and establish career paths
- Achieve personal and departmental sales and revenue goals, leading by example while supporting all track related outbound sales initiatives.
- Oversee and approve in-line path promotions quarterly for each sales group
- Establish and develop relationships and open communications with track and senior sales leaders
- Responsible for recruiting, developing, managing, and mentoring team leaders
- Develop strong relationships with ticket operations leadership to ensure seamless operations, sales, communications and successful events
- Partner and communicate with other corporate and track departments to ensure continuity of sales initiatives with Consumer Admissions
- Percent of travel required: < 20% including some weekends.
- Directly supervises assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the sports and entertainment industry
- Ability to read and comprehend single instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook. Proficient with internet programs and applications, i.e., Tickets.com ticket selling system. Previous CRM Platform experience required.
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Experience leading business development sales teams across a broad product mix ranging from individual, group, premium, and membership sales
- Experience leading in a complex environment with multiple stake holders, ideally in local and national offices
- Must possess strategic and creative thought to spur fresh ideas driving corporate revenue
- Customer service focus; committed to catering to potential clients at every level
- Ability to effectively present information to management and prospects in both oral and written form
- Proven success in running a ticketing sales organization in the sports industry and meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with ability to multitask
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.