At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
The Producer plans, creates, produces, technical directs and edits various aspects of the company’s live and on demand Events, International, OTT and Screens programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Produce and technical direct live broadcasts of the company’s international feed to foreign countries and territories for all premier series races and multiple lower national series races
- Produce and technical direct live broadcasts of the company’s internal screens production to racetracks for all premier series and multiple lower national series races
- Produce content elements for ancillary content to be included in internal screens, OTT and international productions
- Produce highlights from the international world feed for live distribution and FTP distribution to international broadcast partners for all national series races
- Produce and distribute cut downs of the top three national series races for delivery to International’s OTT streaming product
- Conceptualize, write, produce and supervise graphics, edit and audio sessions for international, OTT and screens ancillary content
- Use talent, skill and knowledge of best practices to produce and edit short-form materials in a quick turnaround environment using new and archived materials
- Research, write and pitch ideas for future content
- Manage and coordinate media and work orders for all footage pulls and production needs for events, OTT, screens, live world broadcast and international client requests
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite (ie Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) for assigned projects
- Be primary point(s) of contact, documentation and execution of EVS, Graphics, Technical Show builds for events, international, OTT and screens content
- Produce all graphic elements for all Internal Productions projects
- Perform various crew functions as needed during productions (run graphics machine, run audio board)
- Provide Quality Control for live stream and on demand asset aggregation for streaming product
- Travel: up to 15%, including weekends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years related experience, internship and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient on company provided hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Linear or Non-Linear editing experience is a plus. Basic knowledge of client server, web technologies and/or systems integrations is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organization, communication, and time management skills
- Strong non-linear editing and post production skills preferred (Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects)
- Working operator knowledge of studio graphics and replay software and hardware (ie Duet/Chyron, XPression, EVS)
- Able to perform production techniques in both live and studio environments
- Able to react quickly and positively in a wide variety of production situations
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time with little direct supervision
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, to meet deadlines
- Able to provide and accept feedback without compromising creativity or quality
- Knowledge of sports, specifically auto racing, including current drivers, rules and events
- Familiarity with television production procedures, specifically sports production
- Familiarity with server-based media
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies