The Baltimore Ravens are seeking a seasonal Sports Dietitian Fellow to provide nutrition resources to support athletes. This position will work as part of the Sports Nutrition Team and report to the Director of Sports Nutrition and the Chief Medical Officer. This fellowship is designed to provide an opportunity for women and members of minority groups.
The Sports Nutrition Fellowship is designed for motivated individuals seeking to gain a concentrated educational experience in providing sport specific nutrition support and services. This opportunity will prepare a Registered Dietitian for advanced sports nutrition practice that will optimize athlete performance, improve athlete health, welfare, and wellness through an interdisciplinary model and the utilization of evidence-based practice concepts. This position aims to promote the development of Registered Dietitians as future leaders in the field of sports nutrition through mentored sports nutrition education opportunities along with dedicated sport assignments. The Sports Nutrition Fellow will be responsible in assisting the Director of Sports Nutrition with various performance nutrition services for the athlete, support in executing daily team nutrition operations, as well as effectively communicating with sports medicine, strength and conditioning, and football operations regarding the athlete’s performance and overall wellness.
The Sports Dietitian Fellow assists with:
- Individual and group/team nutrition counseling and education to enhance player performance.
- Primary responsibilities include counseling individuals and groups on daily nutrition for performance and health; translating the latest scientific evidence into practical sports nutrition recommendations; tracking and documenting outcomes of nutrition services, serving as nutrition resource for coaches, trainers, and staff; providing sports nutrition education, and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
The Sports Dietitian Fellow assists with:
- Serving as a resource for nutrition education, counseling, and game day nutrition
- Optimizing all aspects of nutrition to athlete practices and training (pre-fuel, refuel, personalized hydration plans, etc.)
- Athlete assessment and counseling for optimal nutritional practices for training, game day, recovery from practice, recovery from injury and illness, weight management, hydration supplementation and use of approved dietary supplements
- Identifying and advising MNT (medical nutrition therapy) for conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, GI issues, (food allergies and intolerances) and other medical conditions
- Development and facilitation of team nutrition education sessions
- Tracking product inventory, ordering, receiving, distribution of goods
- Designing educational materials and manuals using Canva, PowerPoint, or publisher
- Nutrition and body composition assessments
- Meal planning and menu development including but is not limited to pre- and post-practice snacks, catered snacks, grab n go snacks, pre- and post-game meals
- Execution of daily operations with the sports medicine staff, team physician, sport psychologist, strength and conditioning staff, coaching staff, and the director of operations, regarding sports nutrition and performance related issues
- Document nutrition services provided while evaluating the effectiveness of nutrition strategies towards meeting desired outcomes
- Research, evaluation, education, recommendation, and provision of permissible dietary supplements, as needed/appropriate
- Other responsibilities and team assignments as assigned by the Director of Sports Nutrition
Required Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, or related field
- Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) in the state of Maryland within 1 month of hire
- Ability to work a non-standard workweek which may include early mornings, late nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, non-traditional work hours, and overnight travel as needed
- Ability to gain and maintain working knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Baltimore Ravens, the National Football league, and NFLPA (regarding nutritional supplements, banned drugs and restricted substances, policies, and procedures)
- Ability and willingness to comply with disclosure regulations relative to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Be highly motivated and bring strong time management, oral, and written communication skills to the sports nutrition program
- May 2023 – May 2024
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.