Located near Des Moines, Iowa Speedway joined the NASCAR family of tracks in 2013. Known as the “Fastest Short Track on the Planet”, Iowa Speedway plays host to two major race weekends a year, welcoming the ARCA Menards Series and the NTT INDYCAR Series. The track was designed by NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of an Office Manager. This role manages business-related tasks for the President, Director of Operations, and additional Iowa Speedway staff, while organizing and coordinating office administration and procedures.
- Point person for office maintenance, mailing, shipping & receiving, supplies, furniture, equipment, alarms and errands
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment and assist with telecom and network issues and maintain inventory logs
- Partner with HR department and Track President to organize and maintain office operations, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the development and execution of all office phone recordings and hours of operations and hire & manage seasonal reception desk staff;
- Greet visitors and answer/direct phone calls as necessary;
- Provide administrative support for the Track President, including answering phones, coordination of daily calendars, expense reports, travel itineraries, credential requests, etc.;
- Manage process for donation requests, process approved certificates, and coordinate delivery;
- Oversee the guest list, distribute invitations, passes for Jasper Suite suite during race events;
- Facilitate corporate activities that take place both inside and outside of the workplace, such as holiday parties, monthly luncheons, conferences, etc.
- Maintain fleet, documentation, insurance paperwork, annual vehicle orders, rental cars and coordinate repairs;
- Support team with development and review of legal documents and serve as main contact for the review and submission of event-related certificates of insurance;
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Skills & Proficiencies
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant with additional experience managing an office environment a must;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Outlook, in particular);
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment;
- Maintain confidentiality
- Internal/external stakeholder care
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet/exceed deadlines
- Time management & ability to multi-task
- Problem solving skills
- A creative mind with an ability to identify and suggest improvements.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as required.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College is preferred or minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts such as printers, fax machine, and copier. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally exposed to loud event time noise.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to work and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.