At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Network Engineer based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for providing enterprise-level assistance to our customers and diagnosing and troubleshooting network and hardware problems/help maintain a highly available, flexible, and resilient network.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follows core processes and procedures to ensure operational success.
- Monitor, track, benchmark, and analyze Voice/Data Network trends.
- Analyze performance of responsible technologies and documented solutions, identify problem areas, and resolve root cause.
- Triage Service Incidents and Requests, and Problems reported by customers.
- Assess the need for system reconfiguration based on Incidents and make sound recommendations.
- Research emerging infrastructure solutions and other collaborative products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Ensure the availability, stability, and integrity of Data, Voice, Video, and Wireless networks across security, wireless, routing, and switching platforms.
- Support disaster recovery and business continuity programs.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers using tickets and all other appropriate mechanisms.
- Prioritize and manage multiple open issues simultaneously.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes, manuals, tickets, documents, designs, network architecture topologies and emails.
- Provide On-Call support on a schedule set forth by the Director, Network Engineering.
Required skills / experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent Experience Required and 5+ Years in a Network Engineering Role.
- CCNA Required (200-301).
- CCNP Strongly Encouraged (350-401 ENCOR + Concentration Exam).
- Competent with Network operations.
- Capable of performing onsite Event Support and Engineering.
- Experience in Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Palo Alto and Ubiquiti infrastructure and applications.
- Extensive experience in networking products including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS, Load Balancing solutions.
- Experience in cloud networking. AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Wide Area Networking, BGP, Telco tickets and interactions.
- Experience in network management tools and in packet capture analysis.
- Knowledgeable on Data Center infrastructure included but not limited to Networking, VXLAN, Server, Virtualization, DNS, Storage, and Environmental controls.
- Knowledgeable in programming skills using Python, REST, JSON, XML, and git.
- Professional competencies in computer engineering or related field of work.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and achieving results.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Capable of preparing reports, designs, and papers on technical issues.
- Proven analytical skills to arrive at sound conclusions when dealing with complex issues.
- Ability to contribute to the development of policies and to optimize procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to contribute to cross functional teams from Engineering, Applications, Technology, and others in the management of day-to-day operations, to resolve incidents, and improve the organization.
- Ability to Assist in leading a program of continuous improvement within the IT department.
- Seek opportunities to grow and become a better and established leader.
- Ability to plan and organize work consistent with the strategic goals of NASCAR.
- Identify priority activities and assignments and to ensure the effective monitoring and implementation of release plans.
- Experience with all phases of network projects including, design, test, deploy, validate, operate, optimize, and decom through established company process and peer review.
- Excellent skills in communicating with people from different backgrounds and technical abilities.
- Naturally work with teammates to pass on critical information and to help prevent others from learning the hard way issues personally experienced.
- Ability to keep abreast of developments and relevant technologies applicable to the profession.