The Ravens Marketing Event Staff is an operational and promotional team that supports the Ravens Marketing group on game day and for various tentpole events. As an extension and ambassador of the Ravens brand, this role is vital to the success of the organization.
We are seeking go-getters who have a passion for the sports industry, marketing and events. Applicants must be driven and seeking to make an impact in the world of sports. Those selected will work long hours on event days in all weather conditions, ensuring flawless execution. They will display enthusiasm, professionalism and expert time management skills. Upon completion of the internship, it is our hope that the knowledge gained is one that provides great value and experience towards future career endeavors in the sports marketing industry.
TIME FRAME: Duration of the Baltimore Ravens 2022 season, beginning in July and ending after the last Ravens home game.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of required availability for events pertaining to the Marketing Event Staff Internship. While this list may change, each intern should be prepared to assist with these events:
- All Home Games (10-12): August – January (including preseason and regular season, any playoff games will be communicated when available)
- Thursday, August 11 vs. Tennessee Titans @ 7:30pm
- Saturday, August 27 vs Washington Commanders @ 4:00pm
- Regular Season:
- Sunday, September 18 vs. Miami Dolphins @ 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 2 vs. Buffalo Bills @ 1:00pm
- Sunday, October 9 vs. Cincinnati Bengals @ 8:20pm
- Sunday, October 23 vs. Cleveland Browns @ 1:00pm
- Sunday, November 20 vs. Carolina Panthers @ 1:00pm
- Sunday, December 4 vs. Denver Broncos @ 1:00pm
- Saturday, December 24 vs. Atlanta Falcons @ 1:00pm
- Sunday, January 1 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers @ 1:00pm
- Regular Season:
- Ravens Onboarding & Orientations (3-4): Will occur in July and August
While not required, interns are highly encouraged to help with the below events:
- Ravens Youth/High School Football Events (3-4): July
- Ravens RISE High School Football Showdown (5): Friday afternoons/evenings in September-November
- Ravens Purple Fridays (3): Fridays before Ravens home games
- Ravens Fan Affinity Events (3-5): TBD
- Ravens RISE Stadium Classic (1): September
- Ravens Playoff Events: Daily events leading up to Ravens playoff games (if applicable)*
- Countdown to Kickoff Party (1): TBD date in September*
- A Purple Evening (1): TBD in September or October
- Training Camp Stadium Practice (1): TBD (July/August)*
*Exact date(s) to be determined and communicated ASAP.
DUTIES: The following is a general list of duties pertaining to the Marketing Event Staff Internship. While this list may change, each intern should be prepared to perform the following duties:
- Event Assistance – Assist with all events occurring during the length of the internship.
- Customer Service – Serve as the ambassadors of the Ravens at events for fans in attendance. The majority of our game days and events are focused around the fans and the customer service/experience we deliver.
- Operations – At events throughout the season, interns will set up and breakdown event elements and materials in a timely and safe manner. Game day operations will include pre-game, in-game and post-game assistance and be focused on RavensWalk as well as inside the stadium.
- Fan Development – Promote Ravens affinity groups and other activities available to Ravens fans.
- Promotions – Assist in the execution of Ravens promotions both inside and outside of stadium during game day, including on-field activity for Ravens season ticket members.
- Projects/Office Hours – Work with fellow interns to develop new ideas, programs and concepts to present to the Ravens marketing team.
EXPECTATIONS: The following expectations are required of all Ravens Marketing Event Staff Interns:
- As needed, be available to work all Ravens events during the 2022 season as outlined above.
- Arrive on time and project a professional image in all interactions with fans, corporate partners, and fellow Ravens associates.
- Be prepared to work outside during the summer, fall, and winter months. Physical activity in all weather conditions will be required.
- Be able to work well with others and in a group setting.
- Be able to provide their own transportation to and from all Ravens home games and events.
- Be able to lift and handle equipment up to 50 lbs.
REQUIREMENTS: Applications are reviewed based on the following:
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited university studying sport management, business, communications, marketing or a related field. 2021 & 2022 graduates will also be considered for this position.
- Prior experience in Sport Management or Events is highly recommended, but not required.
COMPENSATION: $13.50 per hour, as well as game day apparel, food and parking will be provided to all interns.
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application, answer the screening questions, submit a resume and submit a cover letter. Any applications that are missing the required information will not be considered.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Baltimore Ravens employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work. Fully vaccinated means that you have been vaccinated and received a booster shot (booster shots can be administered two months after receiving the single dose of the J&J vaccine or five months after receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine). Therefore, proof of a COVID-19 vaccination (including the booster) will be required by your start date in order to be eligible to begin working.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.