At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Junior Data Visualization Developer based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
The Junior Data Visualization Developer is responsible for the expansion of rich interactive graphics, data visualizations and charting, designing, developing and supporting interactive data visualizations created from source data in the NASCAR Data Garage.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create standard and custom visualizations that meet team parameters while ensuring data validity, statistical integrity, and maximized impact
- Create and edit visual content including maps, charts, and graphs
- Transform data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling visuals; providing visual, technical and editorial guidance
- Update, create, and support databases and reports with key metrics to guide strategic decisions
- Identify and gather relevant and quality data sources to address problems and recommend strategy through testing or exploratory data analysis (EDA)
- Integrate and transform disparate data sources and determine the appropriate data hygiene techniques to apply
- Utilize computer graphics and design skills, expert data visualization, visual perception, design skills, interactive graphics skills, and data interpretation skills
- Partner with business clients to understand their needs and to implement data visualization methodologies to meet those needs
- Remain up to date with the latest visualization, standards, systems and future forward tools and languages
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or software engineering from a four (4) year college or university required plus a minimum of four (4) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to write and understand SQL code
- Proficient in building customized interactive reports with calculated fields using LOD, string, date manipulations, arithmetic calculations and quick table calculations to analyze multiple dimensions and measures using Tableau Desktop
- Able to publish dashboards, workbooks and extracted data sources to Tableau Server
- Knowledge of research, pattern recognition, statistics, KPI defining, reporting, and data interpretation skills
- Knowledge of data engineering, ETL, data infrastructure and data ecosystem stacks
- Ability to manage competing priorities through effective communication and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills; able to work with a wide variety of people (technical and non-technical) across multiple departments through collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure with professionalism
- Strong acumen in data analysis, data processing, data modeling, and data mining
- Aptitude for on-the-job learning
- Customer-oriented attitude