This role is intended to develop sales skills and provide experience for future success. We are committed to providing members of our team with a strong foundation to build a career in the sports industry, whether with the Ravens or elsewhere. Sales interns will benefit from an on-going training program (mirroring an Inside Sales program) where we will coach best practices, sales techniques and valuable skills to be successful in the sports industry.
TIME FRAME: June 2024 – May 2025
EXPECTED HOURS: Interns will typically work a minimum of 35-40 hours per week during normal business hours. Hours can increase based on availability, volume of work needed to complete, event schedules and how well the Intern has performed the duties assigned. Hours will increase in conjunction with stadium events and home football games.
- Selling a full menu of ticket related products including, but not limited to Permanent Seat Licenses (and associated full season tickets), hospitality packages, premium club memberships and groups.
- Making 40+ calls/day from qualified lists provided. Encouraged to generate personal leads through referrals, networking, social selling, and effective research.
- Create and develop new business by regularly pitching new prospects through in-stadium visits, external appointments, virtual sales appointments/tours, phone prospecting, social selling, and events.
- Attend outside events (in-person & virtual) with the purpose of selling ticket packages, networking, gathering leads and prospecting.
- Provide excellent service through effectively following up with customers and prospective customers to build relationships and drive business.
- Effectively handle incoming sales calls from prospective clients for all ticket sales products.
- Meeting or exceeding established sales goals for all ticket products.
- Contributing positively to a competitive sales team culture and ticket office environment.
- Participate in weekly sales team meetings and coaching sessions.
- Representing the Ravens professionally to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives for all home games and assigned events, while interacting with clients and prospects at sales tables or via seat visits.
- Daily inbound phone coverage to assist organization’s strong customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Past experience or internships with a team, college or in the sales industry is preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, establish a rapport and build strong interpersonal relationships
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends as well as games and events as necessary
- Familiarity with Baltimore area and market a significant bonus
- Ticketing system and Salesforce CRM experience a bonus
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
- Perform duties as outlined by the Ravens Organizational Mission, Common Purpose and Quality Standards provided upon your acceptance to the program.
- Project a professional image in all interactions with customers and fellow Ravens employees.
- Arrive on time and perform your duties within your scheduled hours.
- Contribute to winning and have fun!
COMPENSATION: Hourly rate with limited bonus opportunities.
ATTIRE: Business casual unless otherwise directed.
How To Apply
- Complete the online application
- Complete the additional screening questions on the application
ALL OF THESE STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED. ANY APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE AND WILL, THEREFORE, NOT BE REVIEWED.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit us232.dayforcehcm.com.