General Description: Working under the direction of the Director of Brand Strategy & Advertising, with direct supervision by a Graphic Designer, the Graphic Design Intern will handle a variety of design projects to support all Ravens Marketing activations. They will assist in the creation of print ads, collateral, signage, digital and social media ads, stadium graphics, giveaway items and additional assets. This position is a highly collaborative opportunity to work with a team of designers who support all aspects of the Ravens organization.
The Graphic Design Intern will handle a high volume of production work, including the creation of alternate sizes, language versions and formats for large scale campaigns; and will also be tasked with suggesting and bringing new concepts to consider for existing initiatives.
Notably, the Graphic Design Intern will spearhead at least one signature project over the course of their time with the organization, as well as develop a project to enhance their portfolio.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Graphic Design Intern will support the Ravens Design Team in the creation and delivery of graphics to promote and activate all Marketing initiatives including events, fan activation programs, brand campaigns and ticket promotions.
- In many cases the Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for creating alternate versions and formats for placements across print, digital and in-stadium touch points. This will also include edits to existing materials and updates to be made throughout the season as games and events take place.
- The Graphic Design Intern will help implement the annual Brand Campaign identity across internal and external channels.
- The Graphic Design Intern will collaborate with the other designers in the group, as well as marketing personnel on each specific initiative to ensure that all materials are created and delivered accurately and on time
- The Graphic Design Intern will be encouraged to use their creative skills to not only work with the group to deliver on these assets but to consider alternate options, styles, and new ideas that could extend the brand, whether it be to reach a new audience or for use on a new platform
- While the Graphic Design Intern may work on all creative that the department handles, they will focus on Fan Engagement programs and events including: Ravens Gaming League, Ravens RISE (Youth Football / Flag Football activations), Purple (fan club for women), Ravens Entertainment Group programs including Cheerleaders, Mascots and the Marching Ravens Band, as well as Marketing Events such as Beach Bash, NFL Draft Party, Training Camp, Countdown to Kickoff and A Purple Evening.
- The Graphic Design Intern will also be responsible for at least one signature project to be mutually identified to best suit the interests and skills of the hire. Possible projects include a giveaway poster series, media day photo shoot concept, apparel items for retail use or the rebrand of an existing identity for a specific marketing initiative
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (or pending degree in the Spring of 2023) with the ability to show 1-2 years of experience creating graphics for a business, school or other entity. This can be through a previous job, previous internship or class project resulting in real world usage. The candidate should have a good knowledge of the business of sports to understand how marketing, and by association graphic design, help contribute to the overall business operation of a professional sports organization. Candidate should have experience in creating advertising, identity packages, and promotional materials for a variety of mediums including print publications, printed signage, web, email, and social among other touch points. Portfolio of work including both digital and print executions required.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills: Creativity, ability to work well with others, openness to accept and seek feedback are key to succeeding in this role. Experience with Adobe Creative suite, most importantly Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and InDesign a must. Experience with a work management software such as Asana a plus. Candidate should pay attention to detail and have some experience preparing files for print, digital, and other tangible items such as t-shirts, hats or giveaway items. Experience with animation, photography, and photo management software such as Photoshelter highly desirable but not required for this position. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to learn quickly. Must have the ability to work hours that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.