At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Financial Analyst based in Daytona Beach, Florida.
Perform analysis of financial statements in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Prepare internal reports for distribution to budget managers for revenue and expense accounts and assist with the budgeting and forecasting processes and procedures. Preparation of financial analysis and modeling.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain financial system data, metadata, hierarchies, and reports. Coordinate the development of budgets and forecasts with department and project managers. Use trend analysis, estimates, and judgement to ensure proposals and projections are complete, accurate, and in compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Utilize independent thinking skills and learned best practices to analyze financial statements and compare actual results versus budget/forecast projections. Provide feedback on areas of concern and/or opportunity
- Coordinate and maintain analysis of Intercompany transactions and eliminations within the budget/forecast systems
- Serve as liaison with Accounting Team for various budget/forecast functions, including Capital Planning, Insurance Premiums and Claims, and Corporate Allocations
- Independently create and maintain standard and ad-hoc reports and prepare financial analysis using Company systems and tools
- Assist with the development of training materials, including manuals, on-line tutorials, and end-user training classes for Company reporting tools, Workday and Adaptive Planning
- Strong working knowledge of PC-based software applications, including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
- Experience working in business reporting systems, to include utilizing systems knowledge to create, modify, and disseminate reports to drive business analytics and dashboards
- Workday and Adaptive Planning experience a plus
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Special projects, as necessary
- Less than 5% travel is expected
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field and 1-3 years finance or related experience in a mid-size to large organization.
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Workday and Adaptive Planning a plus.
- Strong financial modeling skills
- System report writing