At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Director, Public and Government Affairs based in Daytona Beach, Florida and Charlotte, NC.
This Director, Public and Government Affairs position is responsible for the overall management of state and local legislative and advocacy initiatives in support of the company’s presence in the Southeast region.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identify, monitor, track and forecast public policy issues related to the organization’s business interests.
- Prepare regular briefings and communications analyzing policy related matters for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and direct external resources to help ensure organization’s public policy objectives are advancing and achieved
- Build and maintain strong working relationships that are collaborative with track presidents and other regional departments within organization to manage and advance policy positions – ensuring regional efforts are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Support and foster strategic relationships within local, state and regional communities to help promote events and business interests
- Support outreach and coordination with public officials and special guests at-track and within local and state governments.
- Identify and manage compliance related matters in coordination with GCA team and other internal departments
- Travel: Approximately 15%, including some weekends
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; JD degree preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience working in public policy, preferably in a legislative or regulatory office, a trade association or a lobbying firm.
- Strong understanding of legislative and regulatory processes
- Ability to analyze and communicate on a variety of complex policy issues
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Commitment to maintaining highest standards of quality, confidentiality and professionalism
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability effectively collaborate with internal teams to manage projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and passion for working in political environments
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.