At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
The Director of On-Air Talent Planning and Development is responsible for executing a holistic talent strategy which includes sourcing, recruiting, developing, and retaining talent for NASCAR platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build and nurture relationships with agents/representatives and talent to insure a progressive pipeline of talent and contributors.
- Identify and recruit best in class talent who can contribute to content.
- Develop plans for talent which maximize agreements and skills for all media platforms and channels.
- Work closely with talent and representatives to vet and approve all endorsements insuring brand alignment and responsibility. Serve as a liaison for branded content and promotion.
- Assist in the development of talent by reviewing talent work and conducting regular feedback sessions and share feedback across stakeholder groups.
- Work with teams and drivers to execute strategy for emerging new talent.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholder to align assignments with existing and developing skills to support the business.
- Vet external on-air endorsements for alignment with league standards and practices and conflicts.
- Foster relationships with talent where advocacy and trust are core pillars.
- Oversight for talent schedules and planning.
- Percent of travel: 12% travel, including weekends.
- Directly supervises assigned staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in identifying, recruiting and developing camera facing talent or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of company provided hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Experience across a wide variety of industries (e.g. talent management, talent agency, broadcast/streaming platform, talent producer, etc.
- Strong professional communication skills.
- Ability to multitask numerous projects and work with team members.
- Must be well organized and be flexible to shifting priorities.
- Ability to carry out duties with little direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Great collaborator and team player.
- A trend-spotter who understands popular culture and the global media landscape.
- Flexible working hours required to accommodate deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to build professional relationships.
- Knowledge of auto racing, its personalities and history.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.