At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
The Coordinator, Community Impact & Sustainability is responsible for supporting the NASCAR IMPACT social responsibility platform and contributing to initiatives that drive forward the company’s community engagement and sustainability strategies. The role includes managing projects related to community partnerships, STEM education and volunteerism, as well as initiatives designed to lessen the sport’s carbon footprint.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage assigned projects and initiatives that support NASCAR’s community impact strategy and the engagement of community stakeholders both nationally and in key race markets.
- Provide day-to-day support for NASCAR’s official partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of America and activities benefitting club youth throughout the race season.
- Contribute to the growth of NASCAR’s expanding STEM education platform including curriculum integration, in-classroom activation, digital experiences, special events and more.
- Partner with community/education partners and other stakeholders around the development of NASCAR-themed programs and experiences.
- Contribute to additional NASCAR IMPACT platform pillars including military veteran services partnerships and volunteer initiatives for company employees.
- Manage the planning and execution of community-focused at-track and/or in-market events and activities; travel to support NASCAR IMPACT activations leading up to and during race weekends.
- Support NASCAR’s comprehensive sustainability strategy and the pursuit of sustainability-related goals and objectives.
- Implement sustainability-focused initiatives at racetracks and/or major NASCAR events; provide ongoing support for NASCAR’s annual carbon footprint measurement.
- Collaborate with internal business units and industry stakeholders to pursue emissions-reduction opportunities and implement sustainable practices.
- Develop content and storytelling opportunities that support the company’s community and sustainability efforts and the continued growth of NASCAR IMPACT.
- Create and develop planning materials, activation recaps, internal communications and newsletters, etc.
- Travel: 15%, including weekends
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in social responsibility, community relations, community programming, non-profit organizations, sustainability and/or STEM education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Valid Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.