At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Administrator – AR based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
The Administrator- AR creates manual invoices and billing schedules, maintains customer files, and follows-up on status of payment for invoices that are overdue for NASCAR Holdings and subsidiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates billing schedules based on review of revenue contracts and determines appropriate billing terms, dates, etc. for various companies including initiation in external sales systems. Ensures all contract schedules are billed in full within Workday.
- Creates manual invoices in Workday and ensure appropriate approval and documentation is retained within the system.
- Distributes invoices daily to customers for multiple companies including those with special handling instructions.
- Creates customers and maintains customers files within Workday
- Reviews and uploads invoice import files for various business units and revenue streams.
- Follows up with business contacts on the collection of payments for outstanding invoices, documents collection notes within Workday, and provides status updates to management.
- Ensures fields within the accounting system are populated appropriately, according to Company standards.
- Assists with gathering information for the internal and external audits.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent from two (2) year college and two (2) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to management and resolve issues. Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, business personnel and department management.
- Ability to apply concepts such as discounts, interest, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to identify accounting problems and generate reasonable solutions.
- Proficient skills on all company provided hardware and software. Experience with accounting systems.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products with strong knowledge of Excel.
- In addition to the skills listed above, must be able to multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills are required.
- Must maintain a positive attitude and work ethic.
- May occasionally be required to work overtime as needed, to meet the objectives of the position and department.