At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Manager, Payroll based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
This position is onsite (5 days a week in office) until fully trained. Hybrid option with 3 days in office per week is available after training period.
This person is responsible for managing the preparation and processing of all weekly and biweekly multi-state payrolls.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manages and guarantees weekly and bi-weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to all employees and agencies consistent with federal and state wages and hour laws.
- Complies with year-end reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring all federal, state and local tax filings are in balance between systems; and handles all tax notices.
- Assist with training pay services team to ensure accurateness and efficiencies in payroll processing.
- Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll and tax procedures and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Works with HRIS team to implement new programs and processes for the Payroll Department.
- Manages PTO process and data accuracy for the company.
- Manages relationship with tax vendor and is responsible for overall payroll tax compliance.
- Responsible for 401(k) reporting, reconciliation and annual true-up process.
- Collaborates with HR and Accounting teams.
- Resolves issues and answers payroll-related questions.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience and increasing responsibility in Payroll or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Workday, ADP, Ceridian, Kronos, E Time, or other time keeping systems/HRIS preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred.
- Attention to detail, customer service, analytical, people management, communication.
- Knowledge of payroll processes and procedures including pay calculations, tax reciprocity rules and regulations, and tax geographical location taxation rules.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting.
- Experience with federal, state, and local payroll taxes for a single large employer or multi-employer in multiple states required.
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to Non-Exempt and Exempt workers, Federal and State DOL, FLSA.
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment.
- High degree of initiative, good judgment, and discretion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with teammates.
BENEFITS & WELLNESS
NASCAR offers a comprehensive benefits package with a focus on fitness and wellness. In addition to medical insurance, employees enjoy an evolving wellness program that offers benefits year-round. NASCAR believes in preparing employees for retirement as well as taking time off now to celebrate and enjoy family and friends.
An overview of our benefits and wellness program can be found here.