At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
The Coordinator, Track Communications provides communications services in support of initiatives for multiple departments and/or business units, including: Track Communications, Commercial Communications, Corporate Development and Public Affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide communications services as part of the Track Communications team, including writing press releases, communications plans, management of event credentials, working with media and supporting race events, plus other duties as assigned
- Manage the track communications aspect of Communications’ media monitoring, analysis and news distribution tool
- Manage strategic media outreach initiatives as assigned, including pitching and placing earned media stories with local, regional and national media outlets
- Provide communications services to the Commercial Communications team, including communications development of partnerships and news business initiatives
- Serve as an onsite contact for media and other stakeholders during race event weekends
- Develop messaging around key announcements
- Manage ad-hoc assignments and projects as needed
- Other communications duties as assigned
- Travel: 15-20%, including weekends
- 4 (four) years college or university degree and or a minimum of three (3) years of experience in communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in sports preferred but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Strong writing skills. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software.
- Demonstrate strong management and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication to all levels of management
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Results oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently but also be a strong team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Excellent communication, presentation, and time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as required
- Ability to demonstrate persistence and professionalism