Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Manager, Event Marketing based in Watkins Glen, NY.
The Senior Manager, Event Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of marketing campaigns designed to build awareness and drive attendance at track events in the Midwest Region (Watkins Glen International, Michigan International Speedway, Kansas Speedway, Chicagoland Speedway/Route 66 Raceway and Iowa Speedway).
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with central and regional departmental functions in the creation and execution of go-to market strategies for NASCAR and core motorsports events across the region, from concept and creative development to implementation, optimization, and reporting
- Manage the scheduling, tracking, and execution of consumer touchpoint deliverables (directly and indirectly)
- Develop and execute local/grassroots marketing plans, in conjunction with the Event Experience team, to drive awareness of NASCAR and other ancillary events
- Manage fan development and prospecting opportunities in local market(s)
- Support non-NASCAR event marketing campaigns and work with third party promoters as necessary – music festivals, etc.
- Work with Communications and Driver/Team Marketing to manage in-market driver appearances
- Work with Event Experience team to build out weekend content and enhance the fan experience
- Activate onsite Event Experience plans for event weekends for assigned tracks
- Provide local market expertise and insights
- Travel: 15% including some weekends
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years of motorsports/ sports marketing industry, marketing, project management, public relations/communications experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles
- Exceptional team and interpersonal skills
- Superior follow-through with a high level of accountability for assigned tasks
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a passion for marketing
- Strong executional capabilities
- Desire and ability to create and champion a vision
- Strong collaboration skills are critical
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.