At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Software Database Engineer based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
The Software Database Engineer is responsible for full lifecycle application development with heavy emphasis on database programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement complex database designs – this includes entity relationship diagrams, stored procedures, SSIS packages, SSRS and other data driven activities
- Design, code and debug SQL server databases and stored procedures
- Design, code and debug .NET code and tools.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Approximate travel up to 5%.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) and/or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or five to seven (5 – 7) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Advanced skills on all Company provided hardware, software and networks, computer programming languages.
- Must have good understanding of programming concepts.
- Analytical, communication, organizational, ability to juggle multiple projects. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft Certifications within the Database Engineer role preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.