At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
The Manager, Pricing & Promotions is responsible for the analysis and monitoring of sales and inventory trends across all NASCAR-owned tracks, evaluating and refining price strategies and principles to align with business objectives. The Manager works as a member of the Data Strategy Team to provide insights and suggestions to internal stakeholders including Admissions, E-Commerce, Marketing, Research, and Sales teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze sales trends and consumer buying patterns, across primary and secondary markets, to gauge demand and determine optimal price based on business objectives
- Use statistical analysis of historical data, current sales and market trends, and economic conditions to inform future pricing decisions
- Monitor consumer response and sell-through
- Review existing price options, price mix, capacities, and make informed recommendations on pricing, along with bundles and promotions while adhering to company standards, policies, and procedures
- Examine all consumer and group pricing (including advance, variable and dynamic) as well as any special priced promotions across all consumer inventory from grandstand seating, camping, race day experiences and hospitality
- Collaborate with other analysts, including E-Commerce team, to understand consumer shopping and purchase behaviors that may influence future promotions and special offers
- Utilize pricing tools to assist with monitoring and implementing price changes
- Use available data to develop price models to forecast sales and determine price elasticity
- Build and maintain comprehensive post-event reports on the impact of price changes throughout the sales cycle; utilize tools such as Tableau for on-going analysis and visualization
- Stay ahead of current pricing trends and emerging technologies
- Travel: 5% per year
- Four-year college degree or university program certificate and eight (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical interface, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Tableau and Pricing Tools preferred
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.