Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel and stock car races throughout the year.
Located within five hours (300 miles) of 25 percent of the U.S. population, Watkins Glen International is the premier road racing facility in North America, three-times voted “Best NASCAR Track” by readers of USA Today. The Glen hosts a diverse portfolio of premier sports car, open wheel, and stock car races throughout the year.
Watkins Glen International is looking for a talented professional for our Director, Special Events role. This position will fulfill a leadership role within the company by assessing various operational requirements for successful event execution and delivering same. Contribute to a superior guest experience by directing the development, implementation and evaluation of systems and processes for facility event activity pertaining to Event Operations.
Company Conformance Statements
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Fulfill functions with established budgets.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and vendors.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Carry out supervisor responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate, plan and execute the Finger Lakes Wine Festival – Complete set up and logistics coordinated with the track facilities team.
- New business relationship development including wineries, restaurants, and vendors within the local wine region throughout New York.
- Manage and oversee the Wine Festival Administrative Assistant as well as a seasonal team.
- Be the face of the Finger Lakes Wine Festival within the community.
- Help coordinate and execute Event Experience for all WGI events.
- Event logistics coordination with facilities and operation teams.