At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Director, User Experience based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This person is responsible for optimizing the NDM site network and platform for KPI goals while maintaining a focus on delivering the best possible experience for the end user.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate existing sites, apps and products for usability.
- Oversee the testing and improvements of the end user experience across the NDM platform of sites and apps, including but not limited to optimization of desired user behavior driving KPIs.
- Participate in QA activities in order to find bugs, broken links, typos, incorrect journeys, etc. in order to prevent a negative user experience.
- Serve as a resource for the technical design team for incorporating UX best practices into all design work; collaborate closely with data science teams to make data-informed design decisions.
- Serve on various project teams, providing feedback on all projects with the end user in mind.
- Provide leadership and guidance of ongoing innovation in the digital space.
- Collaborate in the creation and execution of a plan for testing website changes and enhancements prior to launch.
- Proactively monitor website, web platform, and associated web properties for performance issues and errors.
- Develop personas, user stories and other resources that capture user needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for a unified approach to user journeys.
- Mentor and coach team members on best practices in user research, usability testing, and data interpretation.
- Lead client workshops, anticipate potential UX challenges, and propose innovative solutions.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through surveys, online experiments, benchmark studies, traffic patterns, and lab studies to ensure we’re creating and maintaining an intuitive, innovative, and easy to use digital platform.
- Integrate with the Data Strategy and Web Analytics teams to conduct testing across digital properties.
- Provide guidance for clients and internal stakeholders with expertise to implement solutions based on overall requirements.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Travel: 10%, including weekends
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required and a minimum of eight (8) years related experience and/or training in a digital or ecommerce environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Directly supervises assigned staff.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient on Company-provided hardware and software including Microsoft Office Suite. Basic understanding of Adobe Analytics, Target, User Testing software and/or other site testing and feedback tools a plus.
- Ability to stay on top of the latest trends and be both familiar and active with the digital media space and understanding how new technologies can ensure the company remains an innovator
- Ability to establish and maintain productive, mutually-beneficial relationships with management, professional staff, third-party partners / vendors, celebrity talent and media of all types.
- Ability to make decisions and move to action with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces.
To apply for this job please visit nascar.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.