The Digital Media Assistant will support the day-to-day operations of Ravens Digital owned and operated channels by publishing content and information that supports multiple departments throughout the organization. This is not a social media, broadcasting, writing or I.T. position.
PURPOSE: To provide a hard-working, highly-motivated and collaborative candidate with an internship opportunity to experience the work environment of an NFL Digital Media and Productions department.
TIME FRAME: April/May, 2023 – May/June, 2024
IDEAL CANDIDATE: Will be hard working and highly flexible with an ability to adapt to constant changes that come with the NFL news cycle, have previous experience using a CMS, proficient design and Photoshop skills, proven web development abilities, possess a working knowledge of HTML, strong proofreading skills and attention to detail, is highly collaborative and a good communicator, has time management skills and a solid knowledge of digital media platforms.
Ravens Digital (BaltimoreRavens.com, Ravens Mobile app):
- Update website and app content across various pages and platforms
- Oversee live-streaming events on website and app
- Ensure pages are optimized for search engines
- Prepare/update player/coach/cheerleader/staff bios, update roster and depth chart, post transactions
- Fulfill website requests by other departments
- Provide backend quality control of website and app – ensure all content is properly displayed and free of errors
- Assist in building sponsor promotion pages and contest entry forms
- Train and update responses for AI chatbot utilized on website and app
- Assist with the preparation and creation of marketing- and business-related emails, including Ravens Call, Purple, RISE, Corporate Sales and Suites
- Assist in troubleshooting CMS issues; work with NFL Support team
- Compile shared photo lightboxes and fulfill photo requests by other depts.
- Assist in tagging and organize photos in photo management library
- Prize fulfillment and mailing of items needing to be shipped
- Assist in posting media content to digital platforms as needed; add relevant keyword tags and optimize pages for SEO
- On occasion, assist with the creation of photo gallery content for digital platforms, including captions, crediting and alternate text
- Rotational weekend content on-call content posting duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Post news articles, videos, photo galleries, audio content, transcripts, press releases, media advisories; add relevant keyword tags and optimize pages for SEO
- Create images and thumbnails for articles, videos, podcasts and photo galleries posted to digital platforms
Gameday (Home & Away):
- Create story images; post gameday articles,photo galleries and post-game transcripts
- Post all gameday videos, including game highlights, press conferences and post-game videos
- Retrieve photo cards from photographers after reach quarter (home games)
- Other duties as assigned
- Work under the supervision of the Digital Media Web Coordinator and the Sr. Coordinator of Digital Strategy & Innovation primarily, but take direction from the Editorial Director, Director of Digital Strategy & Innovation and others in the department when appropriate
- Work 40-hour-plus week, in addition to all game days (home and away) and required to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary
- Collaborate with other departments to fulfill organizational digital requests
- Perform duties as outlined by the Ravens’ organizational mission, values and goals provided to you upon your acceptance to the program
- Project a professional image in all interactions including fans, corporate partners and fellow Ravens’ associates, coaches and players
- Effectively communicate with co-workers within the department and throughout the organization
- Provide your own transportation to the Under Armour Performance Center, M&T Bank Stadium and any other places that may be required
- Responsible for providing your own housing in the Baltimore area
- Arrive on time and perform duties in a professional manner
- Go the extra mile to assist other members of the department
Applicants are reviewed based on the following:
- Have graduated from a 4-year degree institution by the start date of internship, or are currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Degree and/or prior experience in Digital Media, Web Development, Digital or Interactive Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Graphic Design or related field
- Proficiency in basic content management platforms, HTML coding, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication, writing and proofreading skills; must possess a superior attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and basic design experience; other design and Internet-related skills (Illustrator, SEO, CSS, etc.) a plus
- Availability to work long, irregular hours and adaptability to a fast-paced environment involving several simultaneous projects and supervisors
- Ability to meet deadlines, think creatively, and work well on a team
- Possesses initiative, passion for new innovation and technology, organization, creativity, customer focus, effective communication
- Have a positive attitude
The Baltimore Ravens is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, gender, age, national origin, color, religion, disability or any other protected basis under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.