At NASCAR, you will find a community of passionate individuals who care about our sport and are united in seeing it grow.
We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
The Associate Producer produces, technical directs and edits various content of the company’s live racing broadcasts for events, international, OTT and screens programming.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Produce and technical direct live broadcasts for the company’s events, international, OTT and screens businesses
- Produce content elements for ancillary content to be added across the company’s events, international, OTT and screens platforms
- Operate EVS video playback and IP Director systems during live events
- Produce highlights from the international world feed for live distribution and FTP distribution to international broadcast partners for all national series races
- Produce and distribute cut downs of the NASCAR races for digital delivery on international and domestic digital platforms
- Manage and coordinate broadcast signal flow with internal departments and broadcast partners
- Operate timing and scoring data software to be used in the company’s events, international, OTT and screens productions
- Edit short promotional content for the company’s events, international, OTT and screens platforms
- Conceptualize, write, produce and supervise graphics, edit and audio sessions for ancillary content
- Infuse new production approaches and editing styles into all videos that distinguish each project
- Screen races and use independent judgment to select shots for highlight segments
- Research, write and pitch ideas for future content
- Manage small projects independently with minimal supervision
- Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage; cut show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases select materials for bumps and roll-outs
- Coordinate media and work orders for all footage pulls and production needs for events, international, OTT and screens client requests
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) for assigned projects
Travel: up to 15%, including weekends
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and minimum of four (4) years related experience, internship and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of company provided hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Linear or Non-Linear editing experience is a plus. Basic knowledge of client server, web technologies and/or systems integrations is a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organization, communication, and time management skills
- Strong non-linear editing and post-production skills preferred (Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects)
- Working operator knowledge of studio graphics and replay software and hardware (ie Duet/Chyron, XPression, EVS, Dreamcatcher)
- Able to react quickly and positively in a wide variety of production situations
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time with little direct supervision
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including a majority of nights and weekends, to meet deadlines
- Able to provide and accept feedback without compromising creativity or quality
- Knowledge of sports, specifically auto racing, including current drivers, rules and events
- Familiarity with television production procedures, specifically sports production
- Familiarity with server-based media
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies